No Direction Home

This humble blog was started to document our travels around the country during the summer of 2006, We have opted to continue updating it due to the requests from family & friends. Enjoy!

Friday, November 04, 2011

Salacious Sideshow

November 3, 2011

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Salacious Sideshow

I have to admit that it is difficult to write this entry. The unfortunate passing of my friend Matt Elliott and traveling to Indianapolis for his memorial have thrown me off in many ways, including even attempting to keep up with my blog posting. I have fallen tremendously behind and now find it difficult to go back and pick up the pieces and even try to get back to any sense of normalcy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I considered how to move forward and decided that perhaps the most sensible thing is to go back and try to pick up chronologically and see how long it may take me to catch up. The issue that I have is that things have changed so much for me and it is tough to try and go back and recall events that were fun and full of life before Matt passed, when I still feel so wrecked emotionally. But I also know that life inevitably goes forward and so I will try to do justice to those events before and after my heart was stricken with some sort of adequate description.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thinking back to early in the week of Fantasy Fest seems like a million years ago, but on that Monday evening, Kathy & I took in the special Fantasy Fest edition by the wonderful local burlesque group, Key West burlesque. The condensed one hour show, the Salacious Sideshow, was performed only three times and we caught the closing night performance. All of the shows were held in the Waterfront Playhouse, which is a somewhat larger and seemingly more professional venue than the troupe is used to. They took to it like the proverbial duck to water though and delivered a wonderful show with a circus theme that featured a number of their most talented and versatile performers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The fantastic sets were in the style of the old school circus sideshows and the circus theme translated well to their wacky style and we enjoyed the show a great deal. They have a number of elaborate performances scheduled the remainder of this season, the next being the epic Fantazimo, which will be held December 8-10 and 15-16 at The Studios of Key West. Get your tickets now as these shows are likely to sell out and you don’t want to miss out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home